Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Financing Policy
The Sweater Project and Zaanha Fund are committed to preventing its charitable operations from being used for the purposes of money-laundering and terrorist financing. To that end, we will observe the following principles:
- We will use an appropriate, risk-based approach to verify the identity and integrity of our donors, beneficiaries and any partners.
- We will reject donations from donors who fail our identity and integrity test.
- We will make prompt internal and external reports of any suspicious activity.
- We will document, implement and maintain procedures and controls for the combating of money laundering and terrorist financing including risk based monitoring regarding the end use of funds..
- We will train staff on how to detect and prevent money laundering and terrorist financing and on our own policy and procedures.
- We will conduct screening and integrity checks on all our staff.
- We will put in place an assurance process to monitor compliance with our policy and procedures.
- We will retain records of donations, identification and integrity checks, training, assurance and monitoring, and suspicious transaction reports, for a minimum of five years.
- We will establish clear lines of internal responsibility and reporting.
- We will cooperate with any lawful request for information made by government agencies during their investigations into money laundering and terrorist financing.
- We will support government agencies and international bodies in combating the use of the charitable sector for money laundering and terrorist financing.